- Providing Science-based advice and information on the quality, safety and efficacy of veterinary medicines, veterinary products, pesticides and agro-chemicals;
- Developing and promoting standards, regulations and guidelines in consultation with other Government Agencies and stakeholders on veterinary medicines, veterinary products, pesticides and agro- chemicals;
- Regulating the manufacture and distribution of feeds, feed ingredients, feed additives and drugs for animals;
- Regulating foods, feed ingredients and feed additives and drugs for pets and companion animals;
- Monitoring the safety of foods and medications for animal.
- Regulating and controlling the use of pesticides and agro-chemicals.
- Conduct inspection and monitoring of production premises of veterinary and allied products facilities.
- Conduct Scientific Research into various areas of Veterinary and Allied Products.
- Conduct Industrial outreach.