Registration & Regulation FAQs
Can some drug products be enlisted under the GLSI scheme?
- The scheme is exclusively for conventional foods and cosmetics
What food and cosmetic products are not permissible on the GLSI scheme?
- Products exempted include: already registered products; products on the Federal Government Import Prohibition List (banned products) and products without appropriate proof of fortification.
How often can I apply for Global Listing of Supermarket/Fast Food Items?
- Once license has been given for a particular list of items, applicant is eligible to apply for Additional Items during the period of validity of the subsisting license.
- Note however that, product(s) on the initially approved list cannot be allowed on the new list for additional items.
What is the class of Trademark of Herbal products?
- Class 5 – Herbal, medicine etc.
How long does it take for advertisement applications to be processed?
- It takes a period of 20 working days to process normal application and 7 working days to process applications for administrative approvals provided that there are no lapses or flaws (unsubstantiated claims) that would warrant the issuance of compliance directives to the applicant.