In This Section
- Office of the Director
- NAFDAC Act and Laws
Legal Services Directorate
Legal Services Directorate was created with the vision to render effective Legal Service to the Agency and to reduce litigation cost by handling at least 70% of the Agency’s cases.
The Directorate Head office is located at Operational Office Isolo, Lagos.
The Directorate is headed by an Assistant Director in acting capacity and is structured into the following Divisions:
- Litigation Division
- Regulatory/Drafting Division
- Abuja Liaison Office
The Legal Division of the Agency is charged with the following responsibilities;
- Prosecution and defense of criminal and civil cases before the various courts all over the Federation.
- Monitoring criminal and civil cases involving NAFDAC.
- Rendering legal opinion to all formations of the Agency.
- Drafting and vetting of agreements and other legal instruments involving the Agency.
- Conducting searches and investigation of transactions involving the Agency and the preparation of title deeds thereof.
- Vetting of documents forwarded by Regulatory and Registration Directorate of the Agency for the purpose of registration of products.
- Vetting, drafting and preparation of Regulations and Guidelines for smooth operation of the Agency.
- Representation of NAFDAC in arbitration and negotiations relating to the interest of the Agency in e.g. real eState, statutory functions and other issues.
- Preparation and presentation of the Agency’s position at public hearings before the National Assembly, State Houses of Assembly and other bodies duly constituted by law.
- Handling of probate matters relating to deceased Staff and other Staff matters referred to it by the Administration and Human Resources Directorate.
- Liaising with Legal Advisers of the Federal Ministry of Health, Secretary to Government of the Federation, State House, Honourable Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Honourable Attorneys-General of the States and Commissioners of Justice, the Judiciary, the National Assembly, State Houses of Assembly, the Police, EFCC, Patent and Trademark Office, Corporate Affairs Commission and other relevant government and non-governmental bodies.
- Involvement in the training of members of Staff on request by Planning Research and Statistics Directorate and other bodies