Veterinary Medicine and Allied Products (VMAP)About Veterinary Medicine and Allied Products Directorate
Veterinary Medicines and Allied Products Directorate (VMAP) is mandated to regulate and control Veterinary Medicines, Veterinary products, Pesticides and Agro-chemicals. Also included are Feeds, Feed additives and Pet food. The Directorate also conducts Industrial Outreach and researches for the sector.
The Directorate Head office is located at Operational Office Isolo, Lagos.
The Directorate is headed by a Director and structured into five (5) Divisions; viz:
- Veterinary Medicine Division.
- Animal Feeds & Premix Division
- Pesticides & Agro-Chemicals Division
- Inspection, Regulations & Stakeholders Division
- Veterinary Vaccines & Biologics Division
- Providing Science-based advice and information on the quality, safety and efficacy of veterinary medicines, veterinary products, pesticides and agro-chemicals.
- Developing and promoting standards, regulations and guidelines in consultation with other Government Agencies and stakeholders on veterinary medicines, veterinary products, pesticides and agro-chemicals.
- Regulating the manufacture and distribution of feeds, feed ingredients, feed additives and drugs for animals.
- Regulating foods, feed ingredients and feed additives and drugs for pets and companion animals.
- Monitoring the safety of foods and medications for animal.
- Regulating and controlling the use of pesticides and agro-chemicals.
- Conducts inspection and monitoring of production premises of veterinary and allied products facilities.
- Conducts Scientific Research into various areas of Veterinary and Allied Products.
- Conducts Industrial outreach.