Pharmacovugilance & Post-Market Surveillance Section
Pharmacovigilance & Post-Market Surveillance
PV/PMS is saddled with the following responsibilities;
- Implementation of National Policy on Pharmacovigilance and provision of science-based advice and information on safe use of medicines.
- Post Marketing Surveillance of all Regulated Products in collaboration with Marketing Authorization Holders (MAHs).
- Coordination of Pharmacovigilance activities Nationwide.
- Implementation of Risk Management Plans (RMP) in collaboration with the Pharmaceutical Industry and MAHs as appropriate
- Pharmacovigilance Inspections.
- Supporting the establishment of active Pharmacovigilance Centers in Healthcare Institutions in the Country.
- Creation of awareness on Pharmacovigilance among health professionals, healthcare providers, Marketing Authorization Holders and the general public.
- Promoting rational and safe use of medicines in Nigeria.
- Medicine safety communication.
- Coordinating the activities of the National Drug Safety Advisory Committee (NDSAC).
- Sourcing, collating, preserving, storing, retrieving and dissemination of information on food, drugs, cosmetics, Chemicals, and other NAFDAC regulated products.
- Establishing and maintaining a functional national database on ADRs and other medicine related problems.
- Conducting regular survey on regulated products for required regulatory action.
- Coordinating the activities of NAFDAC Consumer Safety Club NCSC in Secondary Schools and NAFDAC Consumer Safety Publications NCSP.