Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME)Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises
National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) identified the challenges of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in registration of their products with NAFDAC. The Agency has instituted several activities which include further review of guidelines and streamlined registration processes to handle their peculiar difficulties. The aim is to remove critical bottlenecks and bureaucratic red tapes that hinder the smooth registration and regulatory activities of MSMEs.
The following are processes and procedures put in place to ease the MSMEs registration processes and services:
- Sharing of facilities for production. Companies with similar products and limited resources can come together to use common facilities provided products are similar.
- Streamlined the Agency’s requirements for product registration, restricted to a group of products (some types of food and cosmetics).
- Decentralised products registration thereby reducing the timeline: sixty (60) days for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises and 90/120 days for other companies.
- Reduced the timeline for issuance of chemical permits to three (3) weeks.
- 50% reduction in product registration tariffs for MSMEs with not more than five (5) staff.
- Dedicated a laboratory for the analysis of MSMEs’ products.
For more information on MSMEs services please, contact the SMEs Help Desk at our Lagos office or the nearest state office.